Findon Cricket Club Policy for Children Playing in Adult Cricket
- Boys and girls who are county squad and area squad players, are able to play open age group cricket if they are in an U12 age group and are a minimum of 11 years old on 1st September of the year preceding the season.
- District and club players who are not in a county or area squads must wait until they reach the U13 age group, be in Year 8 and be 12 years old on 1st September of the preceding year before being able to play in any open age group cricket.
- Written parental consent is required for these players.
- No young player will be placed in a position that involves an unreasonable risk to that young player, taking account of the circumstances of the match and the relative skills of the player.
- A situation will not be created that places members of the opposing side in a position whereby they cannot play cricket as they would normally do against adult players.
- Playing Open Age Cricket should be a positive experience for young players.
- The Club should provide an opportunity for players to show their talents in an appropriate way.