Missing Children Guidelines

If a child, for whom Findon Cricket Club has responsibility, goes missing, the following guidelines have been devised to clarify the actions to take:

  • Findon CC will ensure their children in your care are looked after appropriately while an official organises a search for the child concerned
  • Findon CC will inform the child’s parents, if they are present at the event, or nominate an appropriate person to telephone them and advise of the concern.
  • Remember the child may contact the parents directly so this action is very important
  • Findon CC will organise all available responsible adults by areas to be searched. It is best to take a short time to organise the search properly so that all places are searched fully.
  • Findon CC will search the area in which the child has gone missing including changing rooms, toilets, public and private areas and the club’s grounds.
  • All those searching to report back to a nominated adult at a specific point.
  • This nominated person will remain at this reference point and make a note of events, including a detailed physical description of the child. This should include approximate height, build, hair and eye colour as well as the clothing the child was wearing and where and when they were last seen. All this will be required by the police. If the search is unsuccessful you should then contact the police
  • A report should go to the police no later than 20 minutes after the child’s disappearance is noted, even if the search is not complete.
  • If the police recommend further action before they get involved, we will follow their Guidance.
  • If the police act upon the concern, we will always be guided by them in any further actions to take.
  • At any stage when the child is located, ensure all adults involved including the parents, searchers and the police if, by then, they are involved are inform.
  • All missing child incidents MUST BE notified at the very earliest opportunity to the Club Welfare Officer, who must immediately notify the County Welfare Officer, and they must then notify the ECB Child Protection Team.